Welcome to IELTS at the ELA!
The ELA is an accredited IELTS test centre and New Zealand's largest provider of the IELTS examination, offering more than 35 tests per year, and a range of preparation courses. The IELTS Centre at the ELA is also responsible for testing in the Pacific.
- 2011 Winner of the IDP IELTS Australia Best Audit Award
- 2012 Nominee for the IDP IELTS Australia Performance Excellence Award
About the IELTS Test
- All tertiary institutions in New Zealand, Australia, Canada and the UK accept the IELTS scores as an entry requirement.
- More than 8,000 educational institutions, government agencies and professional organisations around the world recognise IELTS scores as a valid indicator of ability to communicate in English.
- IELTS is also accepted by over 3,000 tertiary institutions, programmes and professional organisations in the USA.
In February 2015, the UK government announced important changes to English language tests for visa purposes. The IELTS test (Academic and General Training versions) was selected as the most secure test in the world which is a reflection of global confidence in the integrity and security of the test. The test is referred to as SELT IELTS.
However, the UK government requires additional conditions. One of these measures is an overall IELTS band score which correlates with the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). In preparation for this change, a box was added onto the Test Report Form. Once the correlation is secured, the data will be added, but for the foreseeable future, the box is left blank.
The IELTS Test Report Form is valid in its current format.
An example of the new Test Report Form area with scores:
For more information on the new requirements, please visit the following websites:
or, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any feedback about the IELTS examination, or would like to lodge a complaint, please contact email@example.com
Contact IELTS at ELAClick here to contact IELTS at ELA
You are welcome to call us from Monday to Friday, between 8am-5:30pm New Zealand time. Our dedicated staff will assist you with your enquiry.