ELA Learning Hub
New Zealand’s border is reopening to international arrivals in stages through 2022.
During this time we are pleased to offer our ELA Learning Hub for students onshore in New Zealand.
ELA Learning Hub allows us to off all our Pathway and Academic English courses in our modern learning environment at 67 Symonds St.
What it is:
- ELA Learning Hub is our specially designed modern learning space on the ELA campus.
- You bring your laptops* and work together with your classmates and teacher in your online lessons.
- There are ELA teachers in the room to support you. These teachers will guide you through your learning, giving any assistance you need.
- ELA Learning Hub is not ‘hybrid learning’. Your online teacher will only be teaching students online. However, at the ELA Learning Hub, you have the benefit of additional support from a face-to-face teacher.
- You come to ELA and meet with our staff and students. These students are from a range of nationalities and are studying different programmes.
*Laptops are required for our Academic English and Pathway programmes. If you are a General English student and do not have a laptop, ELA will provide you with a computer to use in our Learning Hub.
How it works:
- Before your lessons, you can use our Study Centre to get a head start on your learning. Or you can join some of our morning activities such as yoga in our large Student Lounge or a stroll through Albert Park.
- When it is time for your class, you go to the ELA Learning Hub (Level 9) where your teachers will help you connect with your class online via Zoom and Canvas (the world-leading learning management system).
- Your online teacher guides you through your 4-hour programme. Your Learning Hub teacher assists you with questions you have and helps you get the most out of your Learning Hub experience.
- During the break times you can make friends with your fellow students or share a coffee and a chat with ELA staff.
- You have a wide range of programmes and levels to choose from.
- You have the benefit of two teachers: your main teacher online, and your Learning Hub teacher face-to-face.
- You have full access to the ELA facilities and resources.
- You have the option to begin your studies from your home country and then, when you can, travel to New Zealand and continue your studies at the Learning Hub, without interruption.
- If you are unwell and unable to travel to campus, you won’t miss your lesson as you can join online from anywhere.