English for Teaching - TESOL (TKT)
English for Teaching - TESOL (TKT) is designed to enhance your English language ability and provide the teaching skills required to become a communicative teacher of English. It is ideal if you want to prove your teaching knowledge with a globally recognised certificate. With TKT, you show employers that you:
• Are familiar with different teaching methodologies
• Know how to use teaching resources effectively
• Understand key aspects of lesson planning
• Can use different classroom management methods for different needs
The course includes Module 2, 3 and a practicum. Module 2 covers the knowledge and skills you need to plan lessons and the types of assessment and resources that can guide your lesson planning. Module 3 covers teachers’ and learners’ language and classroom management.
A Teacher Knowledge Test (TKT) can be registered separately with our test centre here.
6 weeks; 120 hours
19 August - 27 September 2019
Class hours per week
To be eligible for English for Teaching TESOL (TKT), students need to meet the following English language entry requirements:
* The IELTS score must have been issued within 12 months of the course commencement date
If you don't have a valid IELTS test result, you can apply as follows:
Take the online level test (this will determine if you are Upper-Intermediate level)
Contact the Course Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then receive an application form together with further instructions and a Writing test, which should be hand-written, scanned, and submitted.
The Course Coordinator will contact you for an interview. You will be notified after the interview whether you have been offered a place on the course. Acceptance onto the course is subject to the interview and placement test results.
Please note that this course will run subject to a minimum number of students.
$2,970 /6 weeks (120 hours)
- The Teacher Knowledge Test (TKT) can be registered for the 26 September 2019. These tests will assess the each of the teaching knowledge modules covered in the course. This needs to be registered and paid separately with our test centre using the link here.
- Please note deadline for test registration closes 21st August 2019.
“This course was perfect for me as it was an introduction to the teaching world. They provide you with teaching techniques so you can develop your own skills. By doing a lot of classroom activities, I learnt how to create my own lesson plans and developed my classroom management skills, which was very important.The teaching practice is really rewarding when you can give a good class, and you feel that your students are able to improve their English. If you really want to become a teacher one day this is the first step.”