English Pathway for Postgraduate Studies (EPPS)
EPPS is suitable if you have met the academic requirements for postgraduate study at the University of Auckland, but have narrowly missed the English language requirements.
This pathway ensures you gain the English proficiency and academic literacy needed for postgraduate and doctoral courses. Successfully completing the EPPS course with the required grade for your academic study programme will meet the English language requirements for entry to the University of Auckland.
10 weeks (an accelerated 7-week EPPS is available in November, and the EPPS for Business Masters runs in January)
To be eligible for EPPS, students must:
- Hold a conditional offer of place from the University of Auckland
- Meet the following EPPS English language entry requirements:
An Academic IELTS test result that is 0.5 away from the IELTS band score required for entry to the University of Auckland. A postgraduate course requiring 6.5 would need no less than 6.0 overall, 6.0 in the Writing band, and no less than 5.5 in the other bands (unless stated otherwise by the University)*
* The Academic IELTS score must have been issued within two years of the EPPS commencement date
- Students repeating the course need to confirm their place with the Enrolments Manager no later than the first day of the course.
- Students who have confirmed their place may commence their studies no later than the Friday of the first week of the course.
Students must pay the tuition fees for their Study Programme to ELA at least four (4) weeks prior to the commencement of their Study Programme, except in the following case: Students from the People’s Republic of China are not permitted to pay the tuition fees before INZ has granted “Student Visa Approval in Principle”
Please note students taking a Pathway course will need to have their own device, i.e. laptop or tablet.