English Pathway for Undergraduate Studies (EPUS)
EPUS is ideal if you have met the academic requirements for undergraduate study at the University of Auckland, but have narrowly missed the English language requirements.
This pathway ensures you gain the English proficiency and academic literacy needed for undergraduate courses. Successfully completing the EPUS course with the required grade for your academic study programme will meet the English language requirements for entry to the University of Auckland.
10 weeks (an accelerated 7-week EPUS is available in November)
To be eligible for EPUS, students must:
- Hold a conditional offer of place from the University of Auckland
- An Academic IELTS band score of no more than 0.5 away from your required band, with no less than 5.0 in the Reading, Speaking and Listening bands and no less than 5.5 in the Writing band (unless stated otherwise by the University)*.
*The Academic IELTS score must have been issued within two years of the EPUS commencement date.
- Students may commence their studies no later than the Friday of the first week of the course.
- No late starts are allowed for Summer School – students must begin on the Monday of the first week of the course.
Students must pay the tuition fees for their Study Programme to ELA at least four (4) weeks prior to the commencement of their Study Programme, except in the following case: Students from the People’s Republic of China are not permitted to pay the tuition fees before INZ has granted “Student Visa Approval in Principle”
Please note students taking a Pathway course will need to have their own device, i.e. laptop or tablet.
- Students repeating the course need to confirm their place with the Enrolments Manager no later than the first day of the course.
- Students who have confirmed their place may commence their studies no later than the Friday of the first week of the course.