Group Courses Overview
Each year we welcome hundreds of group students from around the world, usually coming from a university, organisation, or government body.
ELA has the resources, experience, and expertise to design and deliver these customised programmes to the highest standard.
These programmes can be:
- exclusive ('closed') or integrated ('open')
- short-term or long-term
- online or face-to-face
- large (10+) or small (fewer than 10)
Proposals for group courses can be provided on request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Study a Group Course Online
The ELA has extensive experience delivering high-quality Online Group Programmes for our overseas partners. In this video, our tutor Sarah gives an insight into what a tailored Online Group Programme can look like.
Hear from our group students
Hana (Japan) completed a General English group course where she improved her confidence in spoken English by practising everyday with her classmates. She was also selected to play in the Auckland Youth Orchestra and the NZSO National Youth Orchestra; an impressive opportunity only given to the most gifted young orchestral performers. Hana plans to use her improved English skills in her European History and English majors back at her home university.
Integrated Group Course
Students will join existing courses with other students from a range of backgrounds. Depending on the needs of the group, these courses can focus on General English or Academic English. These courses can be designed together with the University of Auckland Study Abroad Office for programmes such as Academic and Pathway English + University of Auckland Study Abroad Semester.
Closed group courses only contain members of the participating university or organisation. Examples of closed group courses include:
- General English
- English plus New Zealand Culture
- Cultural Understanding
- Business English
- Teacher Development
- English for Engineering
What we offer our group partners
- The support of a dedicated Group Coordinator, in addition to our Student Support team.
- Assistance with planning and preparation, including a detailed pre-programme Orientation and IT support services.
- Help with recruiting students for your programmes, including webinars and demonstration lessons.
- Our unique experiences (Virtual Homestay Tour, Meet2Chat, Virtual University Tours, Online Drop-in Study Centre) are included in our group programmes free of charge.