ELA is looking for warm and welcoming host families for international students. You can host for short periods of a few weeks or for longer. Our host families reflect the diversity of those living in Auckland Tamaki Makaurau and include single parents, families, couples, and retirees. For ELA, it’s essential that hosting students is a positive experience for both our students and homestay hosts.
We are looking for families who:
- Have a genuine interest in learning about other cultures.
- Have enough space in their clean and tidy home to include another family member.
- Have enough time for regular interaction with the student.
- Are flexible and able to extend manaakitanga by providing a home with a warm and welcoming atmosphere,
- Are willing to provide opportunities for international students to experience Auckland at weekends.
- Use English as their first language.
- Will provide two meals per day and 3 meals during the weekend
- Can provide a comfortable private furnished bedroom with a desk for the student.
- Less than 1 hour travel to the ELA using public transport
If you are interested in becoming a host please complete this document. Once completed you will be contacted by our accommodation office with further information.