Online English Language Courses
The ELA is committed to the continuation of your English language learning during this challenging and uncertain period. To support your study goals, the ELA is pleased to offer online English language courses for the duration of 2020 and 2021 for the following courses:
- General English
- Business English
- Academic English
- University pathway programmes
- TESOL (TKT)
- IELTS test preparation
Our passionate academic and student services teams have been set up support you and our partner universities with online study using a range of platforms and tools. As you will be studying from the comfort of your home country, you will not require a visa to enrol into most of our online courses, saving you time and extra application fees.
Advantages of Learning Online with the ELA
Leading New Zealand University
As the top ranked university in New Zealand, our online courses have been designed by our experienced Senior Academic Team in consultation with the University of Auckland. Our commitment to best practice ensures you will continue to receive the same level of academic excellence, peer to peer communication and personalised attention as you would in a face to face ELA classroom.
Personalised & collaborative learning
• Increased learning progress from one on one private tutor sessions outside of the live classroom
• Wide range of online/offline learning interactions; discussion forums, pair or group work in ‘breakout rooms’ and shared document collaboration in small classes
• Individualised feedback on progress at different points of the course with easy access to virtual academic counselling by appointment
• Modern and quality tested study platforms via Zoom and Canvas (our learning management system) ensures a fully integrated learning experience
Supportive online ELA community
Our Academic and Student Services teams are dedicated to your learning and experience here at the ELA. Join our community in regularly organised online social activities outside of your lessons. You will not only get to practice your English, but also develop lifelong friendships.
What our Teachers Say About our Online Courses
Online Learning Life
Online Course Experience
Mizuki from Japan shares the positive nature of taking an online General English course with us.
ELA Tutor Tips for Online Study
Luke is an ELA Tutor who has taught online General English and Academic English, he shares his 3 top tips for getting the most out of your online experience.
Top Online English Language Study Resources
A list of the top study resources to keep improving your reading, listening and writing skills in remote learning.
Book a free demo online lesson
Would you like to experience an online lesson before you enrol? Register now for your free demonstration lesson