New Tourist Levy for International Students

From 1 October 2019, students who are planning to come to New Zealand to complete a short course, such as an English language course, will need to request an NZeTA before they travel if they are coming from a visa-waiver country. They will pay the IVL when requesting the NZeTA.

International students who need a visa to study will not need to get an NZeTA, but they will pay the additional NZD$35 for an IVL when they apply for a visa.

Please read this ENZ article for more information: